Join Ginnie’s House
Please view our available positions below, we’d love to have you as part of our team!
The Sussex County Children’s Advocacy Center, Ginnie’s House, located in Newton NJ, has an opening for a Child and Family Therapist to provide Trauma-Focused evidence based treatment to children who are victims of child abuse and sexual assault, and family advocacy to non-offending parents and caregivers.
Sussex County CAC (www.ginnieshouse.org) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency. We are dedicated to reducing trauma and promoting healing for children who are victims of child abuse and sexual assault. Ginnies House provides mental health, medical, forensic, and advocacy services in a safe, child-friendly environment.
Providing age appropriate, culturally competent, evidence based, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy to child abuse victims, and/or psycho-educational support and family advocacy for non-offending parents and caregivers.
The Child and Family Therapist provides therapeutic services weekly and schedules clients during established hours of operation at the CAC. The Child and Family Therapist is compliant with policies governing staff at CAC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide evidence-based trauma focused therapy to clients on site at Ginnies House.
- Attend Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) case review for clients as needed.
- Participate in weekly individual clinical supervision meetings.
- Participate in weekly clinical team meetings.
The Child and Family Therapist provides services including, but not limited to the following:
- Conduct initial intake session following referral from intake coordinator
- Evaluate child using appropriate evidence based tools, per NCA standards, outlined in grant providing funding; or evaluate non-offending caregiver
- Develop treatment plan for child, or non-offending caregiver, in coordination with other therapeutic staff
- Conduct weekly therapeutic sessions with child
- Conduct weekly psycho-educational sessions with non-offending caregiver to support child, and understand and limit behaviors
- Provide referrals for other services as appropriate
- Provide crisis counseling on an as needed basis
- Supervise BSW/MSW interns as appropriate
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Provide education regarding child abuse symptoms, normal and abnormal sexual behaviors and CSA treatments as requested by CAC and as appropriate
Master’s Degree in Social Work, LSW, LCSW, LPC. Has and maintains appropriate professional license and/or certification in State of New Jersey; 2 years of direct clinical experience with children, adolescents and families. Specialized trauma training and/or experience related to work with children/adolescents desired. Good communication skills, able to organize own work and time well; able to work days and evenings. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Treatment of child abuse victims
- Dynamics and recognition of child physical and sexual abuse
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team and the role of the team and the professionals involved with criminal child abuse cases
- Practical parenting techniques
Plus FULL Medical and Other Benefits
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Ginnie’s House CAC
ATTN: Search Committee
4 High Street
P.O. Box 3156
Newton, NJ 07860